This bedroom tells a story of imagination, from the bedding to the furniture to the wallscape.
Enchant and delight your child with vibrant colors.
About this room decor/design
|Description:||This bedroom tells a story of imagination, from the bedding to the furniture to the wallscape. Enchant and delight your child with vibrant colors.|
|Colors in this home design:||purple, blue, pink, yellow, white, dark pink, red|
|Features & style/feel:||pretty, fantasy, vibrant, regal, castle, princess, enchanting, bright, imaginative, Crayola, creative, soothing, inspiring, day bed, throw pillows, girl’s room, girl’s bedroom, nursery, how-to, directions, paint effects, hand-painted, adorable, cute, sweet, stars, castle, royal|
|Credit/paint colors:||Dutch Boy Paints|
It’s Her Castle: Fairy castle paint effects directions/how-to
- Using a level or chalk line, mark a horizontal line two-thirds of the way from the floor.
- Paint a basecoat of your wall color on the top portion and let dry.
- Pencil in the castle — either freehand, stencil or with a copy and transfer paper.
- Next, tape the horizon line using blue painter’s tape.
- After painting in the castle, roll the color below the tape line all the way to the baseboard.
- Now paint the sky with stars. You can custom cut foam to stamp the star shapes, make stencils or simply draw them in. Vary their size and direction. Add quick dashes to make them look as if they’ve been sewn into the evening skyline.